Monitor Magic is a premier multiple camera monitoring system for standard definition consumer DV, DVCPro, and high definition DVCProHD and HDV.
- Support Standard definition consumer DV, DVCPro25, DVCPro50, DVCProHD and HDV
- Preview monitor with helpful guides
- Scale and flip the preview to support 35mm lenses and anamorphic lenses.
- Weighted Waveform Monitor
- Colored Waveform Monitor
- RGB Parade
- Weighted Vectorscope
- Colored Vectorscope
- Luminance Histogram
- RGB Histogram
- Pause input for accurate analysis
- Requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- For standard definition, a 1Ghz G4 or Intel based Mac.
- For high-definition we recommend a G5 or Intel based Mac.
- For DVCProHD you will require the Apple DVCProHD codecs. At this time they are only available by installing Final Cut Pro HD.
- Video camera connect via Firewire.
- This is a recommendation only. We suggest that you download the trial version and check that it works with your system set up.
- User Guide
- Product Comparison
Welcome to Monitor Magic
Monitor Magic is a premier multiple camera monitoring system for standard definition DV, DVCProHD and HDV.
Ensure Maximum Quality
Using Waveform Monitors, Vectorscopes, RGB Parades and Histograms you can ensure that the picture you capture through the camera is of perfect quality and broadcast legal. And because you can be monitoring from multiple cameras you can ensure their color balance matches!
As well as standard monochrome weighted Waveform Monitors and Vectorscopes, Monitor Magic also provides colored versions that make it much easier to spot the problem areas.
Monitor Magic uses it’s own technology and is one of the first available products to let you monitor HDV on a Mac.
Multiple Camera Support
Monitor footage from multiple cameras at the same time. This is great for interviews. Just imagine, you can have two cameras set up for close-up shots of the interviewer and interviewee, and a third camera for a wider shot of both people. You can check all three cameras have the same color and lighting balance, and that each camera is recording legally for your final format.
Special Lens Support
Do you have a 35mm lens attached to your camera and the image is rotated 180 degrees? Not to worry, with Monitor Magic you can set negative scale factors to rotate the image 180 degrees too!
Or maybe you use a special anamorphic lens to get a true anamorphic 2.40:1 aspect ratio? Monitor Magic will allow you to set up scale factors for the preview so that you can see what you are filming at the final aspect ratio.